One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be invited to choose material for a single issue or broadcast of (a newspaper, magazine, or television program)‘it has been an incredible honor to guest-edit this issue’
- ‘There are films about his life, his image is on yoga mats and he has guest-edited French Vogue.’
- ‘We would like to express our appreciation to the Editorial Board for giving us the opportunity to guest-edit this special issue.’
- ‘He has guest-edited the Journal of Medical Engineering and Physics for an issue on electronic assistive technology.’
- ‘Rumour has it that Kate will be guest-editing the December issue of French Vogue.’
- ‘I want to thank you again for the wonderful opportunity to guest edit this magazine.’
- ‘In the meantime, she is guest-editing a special edition of Fabulous magazine, focusing on women's health issues.’
- ‘We get experts to guest edit special issues.’
- ‘To guest-edit a great magazine with the status of a national treasure is the literary equivalent of being invited to imagine your ideal dinner party and then of actually being allowed to send out real invitations to your dream companions.’
- ‘He also guest-edited an edition of homeless magazine The Big Issue for the exhibition.’
- ‘"I am furious with you," she had told him, referring to his criticisms of the Coalition in an issue of the New Statesman that he had guest-edited.’
- ‘The offending student was guest-editing Clareification, the student magazine of Clare College, Cambridge.’
- ‘She had hoped to guest-edit the Today programme over Christmas, but was dropped in favour of Colin Firth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.