One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the event the first prize winner is also the closest with the tiebreaker, out of all the entries, then the runners up prize will go to the next closest guesser.’
- ‘Why it appears in such a sunny work I leave to better guessers.’
- ‘In short, the fraction of survey respondents who really knew the right answer, and weren't just lucky guessers, is probably less than a quarter.’
- ‘There's a clue in the painting above as to my destination, correct guessers will receive the usual part-furnished bedsit in Tottenham Hale.’
- ‘In reality, of course, such people are just good guessers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.