One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Innovative, unconventional, and low-cost marketing techniques aimed at obtaining maximum exposure for a product.
- ‘Tobacco companies regularly use guerrilla marketing to outsmart the law.’
- ‘When your revenues are one-quarter the size of your largest competitor's ad budget, guerrilla marketing isn't an afterthought, it's a necessity.’
- ‘The main principle, he said, was insurgency, which, he pointed out, continuing to switch with ease between political and new-media vocabularies, was really guerrilla marketing.’
- ‘It used to be that the daredevil few who practiced down-and-dirty guerrilla marketing did so because they had no choice: They couldn't afford to play in the big leagues with the money-to-burn heavy-hitters.’
- ‘The first offbeat guerrilla marketing idea is another new twist on an old approach - door hangers, which have been around since door-to-door sales were common and acceptable.’
- ‘But by the early '90s, the brand had begun to take root in urban markets, enhanced by grass roots programs and guerrilla marketing.’
- ‘One way to think of them is as the latest guerrilla marketing tool, a new kind of brand bait.’
- ‘Still, ‘We would never walk away from guerrilla marketing,’ she said.’
- ‘To them, guerrilla marketing involves high-school kids hassling you with flyers on street corners.’
- ‘Will guerrilla marketing sell the car to Generation Y?’
- ‘These five pillars are: external marketing, internal marketing, guerrilla marketing, corporate marketing and community marketing/outreach.’
- ‘Buzz, viral, street, stealth, or guerrilla marketing - call it what you will - the use of alternative tactics to spread word-of-mouth buzz about products is raging.’
- ‘All of the marketing that we'd been doing was guerrilla marketing.’
- ‘The other side of the fence is peopled mainly by delegates from the city's business improvement areas, council-approved business alliances who complain of money spent combatting guerrilla marketing in their quarters.’
- ‘But this piece of guerrilla marketing provided many of us with a much underrated, life-affirming chuckle.’
- ‘The street teams, typically consisting of young people who serve as the eyes and ears of their respective communities, are at the center of the company's specialty: guerrilla marketing.’
- ‘Momentum created an unprecedented level of excitement for the concert and the card launch through guerrilla marketing.’
- ‘This fun book is chock full of great advice about market smarts, guerrilla marketing, niche marketing and having fun peddling good food to eager customers.’
- ‘In addition to traditional media, guerrilla marketing, or viral marketing, has proven effective in spurring word of mouth.’
- ‘If guerrilla marketing is cooler than traditional big-budget marketing, then it stands to reason that zero marketing is even hipper than grass roots efforts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.