One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This means that there will be major upheavals at the level of the constituency and I use the word upheaval guardedly, because there are several constituencies that will no longer exist.’
- ‘But they do so very guardedly, and it would sound like profane apologetics if transmitted live. So the analytical moment, if there is to be one, has been indefinitely postponed.’
- ‘We expect this to continue into the next quarter and, barring any about turns in the world economy, we remain guardedly optimistic for the remainder of the year.’
- ‘But I also tell them that I am guardedly optimistic.’
- ‘Without denying the range of challenges that face all political parties - from left to right - which seek to engage the public actively in issues of government and governance, the conclusion of the conference was guardedly optimistic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.