One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ring-shaped electrode used to limit the extent of an electric field, especially in a capacitor.
- ‘The first and second shielding layers may be connected to each other through a guard ring, and may also be connected to a common voltage potential.’
- ‘The guard rings around these sensitive pins or shielding will act as return paths for the leaking nano amps.’
- ‘Based on the equalizing effect by each of the guard rings, the respective devices arranged in the interior areas are more evenly matched to equivalent devices in far-spaced guard rings.’
- ‘The electronic circuitry biases the photo diode sensors and controls a guard voltage potential of the conductive guard rings.’
- ‘To provide these guidelines structural differences of existing guard rings and guard diffusions have been explored and the influence of the guard structure layout on CMOS latchup has been investigated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.