One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sum of money pledged as a contingent indemnity for loss.
- ‘The second tier would be undertaken by a government guarantee fund and the third tier would be undertaken by foreign reinsurance companies.’
- ‘The money will go towards supporting credit unions or other community banking initiatives, establishing loan guarantee funds or otherwise tackling specific problems in hard-hit areas.’
- ‘As for the issue of reviewing the amount of guarantee funds required by tour operators, the decision rests with the Association of Thai Travel Agents.’
- ‘Currently, the guarantee fund disposes of 244.2 million leva.’
- ‘By the end of the year, a guarantee fund for microcredits will be launched to promote small and medium-sized enterprises.’
- ‘Of this amount, 20 million leva will be allotted as starting capital of a microcredit guarantee fund.’
- ‘A guarantee fund amounting to 50 million leva for small and medium enterprises should be established to secure investment credits, the chamber of entrepreneurs suggested.’
- ‘The Minister might be able to say that the levy will not alter the cost of buying a motor car on the lot, but that is only because the levy will be offset by what the car dealer used to have to pay into the fidelity guarantee fund.’
- ‘There was to be a common agricultural policy, which would require one or more agricultural guidance and guarantee funds to be set up, a European Social Fund, and a European Investment Bank.’
- ‘Sixty-eight per cent of Bulgaria's commercial banks back the idea of the establishment of a guarantee fund to spread the risk of lending to small and medium-sized enterprises in the country, revealed the report.’
- ‘This has given new life to the concept of the ‘narrow bank’: in return for confining its funds to high-quality, marketable assets, only the narrow bank would be permitted access to the payments system and to the deposit guarantee fund.’
- ‘However, on both the exchanges, the settlement guarantee funds were not eroded, standing testimony to the strength of risk management systems in place.’
- ‘And this, combined with the lack of mortgage and guarantee funds, practically renders the programme meaningless.’
- ‘Parliament also approved the establishment of a guarantee fund for protection of investors in securities that will secure 90 per cent of the investment volume, but for sums that do not exceed 40 000 leva.’
- ‘A special guarantee fund of 20 million leva would be created to serve this task, he promised.’
- ‘He stressed the urgency of some changes in the size of guarantee funds, export subsidies and insurance.’
- ‘A guarantee fund with a starting capital of 20 million leva allocated from the 2002 budget will partially or completely cover the collateral of credits extended to socially disadvantaged people.’
- ‘Within a few months the guarantee fund had grown to 123,000 [pounds sterling] and more money was on the way.’
- ‘The legislature's Standing Committee passed the law, which also requires the government to guarantee funds for infectious disease prevention, during a weekend meeting.’
- ‘According to unofficial information, quoted by the local press, the offered price has been around $55 million with an escrow account and additional guarantee funds reaching up to 25 per cent of the purchase price.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.