Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in China) the system of social networks and influential relationships that facilitate business and other dealings.
- ‘Guanxi usage is sometimes elevated from an individual to an organizational level.’
- ‘Li was well known for his cordial guanxi with the Chinese communist government.’
- ‘That was indeed my main argument: lack of common sense can kill any business, with or without guanxi.’
- ‘Those with powerful guanxi are those who prosper in the region.’
- ‘The third section focuses on organizational behavior in Chinese firms, probing issues from guanxi to teamwork.’
Mandarin, literally connection.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.