One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express anger or annoyance.‘he didn't think to let me order first or ask what kind of wine I preferred. Grrr!’‘grr, life is not fair’
- ‘Grrr makes me so angry that children (our future) can be treated in such a way.’
- ‘Grrr no edit button.’
- ‘I had my Christmas voucher sent to me last year only to find out that it had been taken, grrr!’
- ‘Grrr so annoyed my dress ripped last night.’
- ‘Grrr, it still bugs me.’
- ‘How many more days, grrr!’
- ‘Grrr how I dislike people who judge others based on looks.’
- ‘And the 44-year old didn't look like she'd aged a day either (grrr).’
- ‘She manages to make the Maldives look tacky grrr!’
- ‘My philosophy is that if I'm going to go bald I'm going to go bald my way, on my terms grrr!’
Mid 19th century: imitative of the sound of an animal growling.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.