One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company stock that tends to increase in capital value rather than yield high income.
- ‘Most of those involved so far, though, are U.S. growth stock funds.’
- ‘As it experienced its first-ever losses in 2003, and its share price neared a 10-year low, the company finally began to admit that it was no longer a growth stock.’
- ‘For example, a blue chip stock is more unlikely to rise or fall by 10% within any given year as compared to a small-cap growth stock, which will exhibit more volatility.’
- ‘Large-cap funds may invest in growth stocks, value stocks, or a blend of the two styles.’
- ‘Just the same, I bet investors now have a chance to get a good growth stock at a reasonable price.’
- ‘If you hope to value a growth stock with the dividend discount model, your valuation will be based on nothing more than guesses about the company's future profits and dividend policy decisions.’
- ‘It offers a more rigorous approach to valuing emerging growth stocks.’
- ‘But beware if your fund switches from, say, earnings-driven growth stocks to beaten-down value stocks.’
- ‘We've got the growth stocks doing better than the value stocks.’
- ‘The misfortunes of our national and regional economy, along with investors' flight from growth stocks to the value and dividend plays, may slow our emergence as an industry leader.’
- ‘So if the tax cut gave any lift to dividend-paying stocks, it has been overwhelmed by the market's rush back to growth stocks, particularly tech stocks, that don't pay dividends.’
- ‘Since March, growth stocks have risen faster than value stocks.’
- ‘After understanding the difference between a growth stock and a value stock, and what a stock's price-to-earnings ratio is, he began to consider the types of investments he wanted to make.’
- ‘In that sense they are as much growth stocks as ‘value plays’.’
- ‘For when the next severe bear market starts, virtually every growth stock and fund will be declining.’
- ‘But, loading up on small caps, large caps, value and growth stocks caused huge losses in 2001 and 2002.’
- ‘In a deflationary environment a good growth stock can often be a defensive stock.’
- ‘Besides, given the moderate size and potential of the traditional Chinese market, it can be regarded as a ‘blue chip’ and growth stock.’
- ‘A growth stock can increase its annual earnings faster than average.’
- ‘It was not sold to fund managers as a capital growth stock.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.