One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Disappear because of normal growth.‘Colette's old perm had almost grown out’
- ‘Unlike laser treatment, the hairs aren't vaporised, but grow out over a week.’
- ‘I dyed the bright red out of my fringe because the bleach was growing out and I can't afford to get it done again and I can't be bothered doing it myself so now I am a polite shade of chocolate brown.’
- ‘And I'm sure that bald patch won't take too long to grow out.’
- ‘Experience has shown that each notched lobster will probably go through two breeding cycles before the mark grows out and it can legally be landed.’
- ‘What are some good styling options for short relaxed hair as a perm grows out?’
- ‘I also bought a box of hair dye to even out the tones because I'd had my hair highlighted months ago and it's growing out and looked nasty.’
- ‘A complete cure, when it is achieved, takes a year, the amount of time required for the infected nail to grow out completely.’
- ‘At Leicester, I'd have it blond for six months and then let it grow out to its natural colour for six months.’
- ‘Don't go for a colour that's too radically different from your natural state: nothing looks worse than the roots growing out look.’
- ‘They have a downward-pointing hook at the end of their upper beak that grows out and disappears by the time the nestlings fledge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.