Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Grout, especially when hardened.
- ‘It's amazing the impact a cracked light switch, dripping tap, or dirty grouting can have on the unforgiving eye.’
- ‘Traditional remedies of freezing and scraping or pressure washing can damage surfaces and grouting which in turn can cause flooding.’
- ‘Musical characters are etched into the concrete floor and enhanced with black grouting.’
- ‘But before repointing can begin, the cement grouting must be removed, a job which has proved more difficult than anticipated - which is where the diamonds come in.’
- ‘We had chosen terracotta tiles for the floor and bottom half of the walls, and white tiles for the top, but did not specify in writing that we wanted white grouting.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.