One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1another term for peanut
- ‘These include crustaceans, eggs, fish, groundnuts, milk, mollusks, soybeans, tree nuts and wheat.’
- ‘Mix the groundnut and olive oils together in a small jug and gradually whisk into the egg yolk base, a few drops at a time.’
- ‘Foods introduced since European contact include tapioca, groundnuts, and a wide array of vegetables and fruits, plus cattle for beef, and deer.’
- ‘Also known as groundnuts or monkey nuts, peanuts are actually legumes.’
- ‘He said addition of value could be made by processing crops such soyabeans into Soya minces and flour, groundnuts into cooking oil or peanut butter and sunflower into cooking oil among other crops.’
2A North American twining vine of the pea family, which bears clusters of fragrant brownish or maroon flowers and which yields a sweet edible tuber.
Genus Apios, family Leguminosae: several species, in particular A. americana
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.