One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ground ball.
- ‘His line-drive, fly-ball swing helps cut down on double-play grounders.’
- ‘One problem is his ‘fly ball’ swing; the coaches have been working with him to swing down in an effort to get more line drives and grounders.’
- ‘Does he strike out a lot or hit fly balls or grounders?’
- ‘He usually throws it high in the strike zone, which results in more fly balls than grounders.’
- ‘How often have you seen a batter hit a sizzling grounder to the first baseman who is holding the runner on first?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.