One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Breaking new ground; innovative; pioneering.
- ‘In conclusion, it isn't particularly novel or groundbreaking, but it works.’
- ‘Compared to the student hops and ‘shiny’ discos of the past, this was groundbreaking stuff for us.’
- ‘The world premiere of a groundbreaking new Celtic stage spectacular is to be staged in Killarney at the weekend.’
- ‘We expect to debut the surprising research from this groundbreaking study at the end of July.’
- ‘His groundbreaking research is helping us to understand how cells work.’
- ‘They have to put up with some shoddy sequels to groundbreaking originals.’
- ‘It isn't actually all that profound or groundbreaking as music videos go, but it just takes me to such happy places.’
- ‘Granted, good history need not always be based on groundbreaking research.’
- ‘What about all the fantastic, groundbreaking, original music out there you'll never get to hear?’
- ‘Professors have been grown to do one thing well and that is groundbreaking research.’
- ‘Who would present this groundbreaking initiative to a despairing public?’
- ‘Some disciplines are pioneering groundbreaking research on ethical behaviour.’
- ‘It even seems appropriate to a period when radical, groundbreaking American theatre was at its peak.’
- ‘Here, the notion of a groundbreaking or experimental pop single seems oxymoronic.’
- ‘When he finds what seems to be a groundbreaking mathematical proof, the question of its origin drives the plot.’
- ‘I think I really need to emphasize just how groundbreaking that is for me.’
- ‘And occasionally they would throw some groundbreaking storytelling or visual techniques at you.’
- ‘The stars come out on Broadway to celebrate this powerful and groundbreaking story.’
- ‘It is the first time such a groundbreaking project, which will offer a range of services under one roof, has been launched in the borough.’
- ‘The bleak but groundbreaking Irish playwright was obsessive about how his works should be presented.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.