One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Breaking new ground; innovative; pioneering.
- ‘It is the first time such a groundbreaking project, which will offer a range of services under one roof, has been launched in the borough.’
- ‘I think I really need to emphasize just how groundbreaking that is for me.’
- ‘Granted, good history need not always be based on groundbreaking research.’
- ‘Professors have been grown to do one thing well and that is groundbreaking research.’
- ‘The world premiere of a groundbreaking new Celtic stage spectacular is to be staged in Killarney at the weekend.’
- ‘It isn't actually all that profound or groundbreaking as music videos go, but it just takes me to such happy places.’
- ‘His groundbreaking research is helping us to understand how cells work.’
- ‘It even seems appropriate to a period when radical, groundbreaking American theatre was at its peak.’
- ‘And occasionally they would throw some groundbreaking storytelling or visual techniques at you.’
- ‘What about all the fantastic, groundbreaking, original music out there you'll never get to hear?’
- ‘They have to put up with some shoddy sequels to groundbreaking originals.’
- ‘We expect to debut the surprising research from this groundbreaking study at the end of July.’
- ‘The bleak but groundbreaking Irish playwright was obsessive about how his works should be presented.’
- ‘The stars come out on Broadway to celebrate this powerful and groundbreaking story.’
- ‘Some disciplines are pioneering groundbreaking research on ethical behaviour.’
- ‘Who would present this groundbreaking initiative to a despairing public?’
- ‘Here, the notion of a groundbreaking or experimental pop single seems oxymoronic.’
- ‘Compared to the student hops and ‘shiny’ discos of the past, this was groundbreaking stuff for us.’
- ‘When he finds what seems to be a groundbreaking mathematical proof, the question of its origin drives the plot.’
- ‘In conclusion, it isn't particularly novel or groundbreaking, but it works.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.