One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A burrowing squirrel that is typically highly social, found chiefly in North America and northern Eurasia, where it usually hibernates in winter.
Spermophilus and other genera, family Sciuridae: many species, including the sousliks and chipmunksAlso called gopher
- ‘Dimples and scratches in the sand also reveal the presence of numerous small mammals, including kangaroo rats, ground squirrels, pocket mice, and wood rats.’
- ‘Chipmunks, ground squirrels, and bears, which, like the marmots, pass the winter in burrows or dens at high altitudes, may also suffer from the change in synchronicity between snow and temperature cues in spring.’
- ‘There are three basic body forms in squirrels: tree squirrels, ground squirrels and flying squirrels.’
- ‘Some ermine appropriate the burrows of mice or ground squirrels and adapt them for their own use.’
- ‘The use of torpor by the Mohave ground squirrel contrasts sharply with the behavior of the antelope ground squirrel in the same desert environment.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.