One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Play consisting of running from scrimmage to advance the ball.
- ‘This ground game I think is as important as the air game, if you will, that you're seeing.’
- ‘In the last four games, the ground game produced just 342 yards and 2.9 yards per rush.’
- ‘With a middling ground game, the passing game most move the chains.’
- ‘It was a different game in his day, a low, running ground game.’
- ‘In football terms it is a ground game, not a passing game.’
ground game/ˈɡround ˌɡām/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.