One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular or plural A team of people who maintain and service an aircraft on the ground.
- ‘There are two shots of it skidding into other aircraft and scattering ground crews.’
- ‘That way, any ground crew personnel on did not get hit by a prop but could get to an engine in case of fire.’
- ‘Some 640 airmen and ground crew are joining the aircraft.’
- ‘While the ground crew can perform basic aircraft maintenance on the road, the PC - 9s don't need a lot of work to keep them in the air.’
- ‘Instead, ground crews cannibalized what they needed to keep other planes in service.’
- ‘The reason for this was that he was distracted by ground crew who were bringing beverages and ice to the aircraft.’
- ‘Although today's Spanish dispute will not affect air traffic controllers, it will involve airport fire services and ground crews.’
- ‘Long before the aircrew are awake, the indispensable ground crew service aircraft ready for the next sortie.’
- ‘He highlighted the strong dedication of the ground crews in maintaining the Hornets in arduous conditions, and also thanked the families.’
- ‘It is mostly a story about service life in the desert and of the constant strain of operations on pilot, ground crew and aircraft.’
- ‘We again clarified with the ground crew we would not be shutting down.’
- ‘It is a tribute to the outstanding efforts of ground crew that this was maintained throughout the entire deployment.’
- ‘The local ground crew reset the gear as each aircraft taxied clear.’
- ‘The expert workmanship of the ground crew team allowed for an on-time takeoff despite all the encountered setbacks and delays.’
- ‘After shutting down and climbing out of the aircraft, I was surprised to see the entire ground crew huddled around the port inboard flap.’
- ‘Thanks to everyone who wrote in with places to buy shooting range/airport ground crew noise blockers.’
- ‘After leaving the boat, we spent a week at the squadron, while a ground crew flew to Jacksonville to prepare the aircraft for transfer.’
- ‘And the transition from a company ground crew at Sea-Tac to a contract crew caused numerous problems.’
- ‘After landing at Yuma, I handed the ground crew my fuel card, headed into base ops to file, and checked weather for the final leg.’
- ‘When the ground crew vehicles were within four miles, we started pointing out topographic features to give them directions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.