One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See ground control
- ‘But they are assured by the ground controllers - particularly an overly confident navigation expert - that the asteroid will pass no more than five kilometers away.’
- ‘If we are unfamiliar with a particular gate or taxi route, ground controllers are more than willing to help out with directions.’
- ‘The space vehicle is sufficiently far away for the ground controllers - having access to all data and not just a limited selection - to take the best decision.’
- ‘Once the telescope is placed in its orbit, ground controllers will send a message telling the telescope to unfold its high-tech mirror petals.’
- ‘Not only would I have been at fault for flying into weather beyond the capabilities of the aircraft, but the tapes would have clearly shown the ground controller supervisor telling me that I shouldn't be flying on that day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.