One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Noise in a radar echo caused by untargeted built or natural landscape features.
- ‘Diving low wouldn't do, since the flat desert did not offer much ground clutter to conceal her fighter in.’
- ‘Lifting radar platforms off the ground to reduce ground clutter obstructions from buildings and other urban ‘terrain’ is another option being examined.’
- ‘At all radar sites, low trees or hills near the radar were used as a radar fence to reduce ground clutter and facilitate detection of birds at short range.’
- ‘Most of the returns seen via the public site are ‘clean’ of ground clutter (permanent echoes).’
- ‘Echoes from such so-called ground clutter were suppressed using custom internally written software.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.