One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A waterproof cloth spread under a sleeping bag, directly on the ground or inside a tent.Also called groundsheet
- ‘When you go off to the range to practice your ground fighting skills, I suggest you use a ground cloth or old piece of carpet to position yourself.’
- ‘Spread a ground cloth 300 feet from a water source where the sun can shine unobstructed for at least four hours.’
- ‘Use tarps as ground cloths and to cover up gear from dew and rain.’
- ‘Spread your prepared soil on top of the ground cloth.’
- ‘He suggests we lash the canoes together and rig a sail out of a ground cloth and two paddles, and he and my son sit in the bow holding this contraption before the wind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.