One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A waterproof cloth spread under a sleeping bag, directly on the ground or inside a tent.Also called groundsheet
- ‘When you go off to the range to practice your ground fighting skills, I suggest you use a ground cloth or old piece of carpet to position yourself.’
- ‘Spread your prepared soil on top of the ground cloth.’
- ‘Use tarps as ground cloths and to cover up gear from dew and rain.’
- ‘He suggests we lash the canoes together and rig a sail out of a ground cloth and two paddles, and he and my son sit in the bow holding this contraption before the wind.’
- ‘Spread a ground cloth 300 feet from a water source where the sun can shine unobstructed for at least four hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.