One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Beef that is cut up into very small pieces in a meat grinder or other machine.
- ‘Ground beef is a major part of the American diet.’
- ‘He's going to be talking about ground beef tonight.’
- ‘We'll be reporting on a major new food scare, a new recall of ground beef.’
- ‘Today, irradiation is making millions of pounds of ground beef safer from bacterial contamination.’
- ‘They prefer chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes to hamburger or ground beef.’
- ‘The ground beef from Fairway does a great job for hamburgers.’
- ‘The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) last year approved the use of irradiated ground beef in the National School Lunch Program.’
- ‘Include steak, lean ground beef or roast beef in two of your five or six daily meals to sustain testosterone levels.’
- ‘Studies were conducted to determine the effect of HDP on naturally occurring spoilage, or shelf-life bacteria, in ground beef.’
- ‘They were talked into using ground beef, which back then was a little taboo.’
- ‘I had to stop at Whole Foods to get some ground beef for the Bolognese sauce.’
- ‘We've got some chickens and some lean ground beef.’
- ‘All you do is "just add ground beef."’
- ‘I had him ask the second gentleman, who responded, we make all of our ground beef with chuck.’
- ‘The fatty ground beef is bad enough without the fat-laden cheese.’
- ‘To make your taco soup, you want to brown your ground beef in a skillet.’
- ‘American Foods Group in Wisconsin is recalling 96,000 pounds of bulk ground beef.’
- ‘Some cuts of meat carry less risk of transmitting the disease than ground beef, which is used to make hamburgers.’
- ‘Today's nachos are made from surplus ground beef.’
- ‘A high-risk warning has been issued by the Agriculture Department over ground beef produced by an Illinois company.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.