One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ball hit along the ground.
- ‘I struck him out the first time up and then he got a ground ball base hit past Rose at second base.’
- ‘A guy hits a fly ball or a ground ball, it may give you a chance to move the runner over or the other team a chance to make a mistake.’
- ‘He no doubt will preach the merits of a well-timed fly ball or a ground ball rather than the home run the Cardinals depend on far too much.’
- ‘A sinker-slider pitcher, he averaged 2.5 ground balls for each fly ball last year.’
- ‘With a runner on first base, the batter hits a ground ball to shortstop, who tosses the ball to the second baseman covering the bag for a force out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.