One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Fine,’ she said grouchily, sipping her smoothie and turning away from him.’
- ‘‘I don't see why I have to be here,’ he muttered grouchily, kicking a column and scowling blackly at it.’
- ‘Kevin groaned and grouchily got in the back seat.’
- ‘‘Damn you,’ I muttered grouchily, and in keeping with his all-too-good mood, he simply poked me and carried on.’
- ‘Irritated at the prospect of having to consider such a question, I called out grouchily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.