One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Insects are frightening not for their grotesqueness alone, but for their lack of personality.’
- ‘From its opening moments, the film alternates wide-angle panoramas with screen-popping close-ups of the actors, most of whom seem to have been picked for their grotesqueness.’
- ‘Masked, they were dynamic, varied, and hilarious, so that their masks actually seemed to become their faces, despite their grotesqueness; unmasked, they were slow, hesitant, and awkward, as if ashamed of the material.’
- ‘Most of the minor characters are cartoonish in their grotesqueness, and they provide an effective foil for the two leads.’
- ‘The grotesqueness of the story is rendered through the ridiculously difficult process of choosing a proper dress that will emphasize the heroine's femininity and attractiveness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.