The branch of anatomy that deals with the structure of organs and tissues that are visible to the naked eye.
- ‘The two case studies of the dissertation focus on frog dissection simulation in middle and high school biology classes and human dissection simulation in medical school gross anatomy classes.’
- ‘This is the story of the lives and experiences of four medical students at table 26 in the cadaver laboratory during a 14-week gross anatomy course.’
- ‘You'd think that mice and rats, for example, would be pretty similar, but there are real differences at every level (from gross anatomy to molecular biology.)’
- ‘The setting for this study was a university gross anatomy laboratory where 54 physical therapy graduate students worked on human cadavers.’
- ‘Although the work was deficient in quantity and detail, it emphasized the value of this approach in learning and teaching gross anatomy.’