One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of anatomy that deals with the structure of organs and tissues that are visible to the naked eye.
- ‘The setting for this study was a university gross anatomy laboratory where 54 physical therapy graduate students worked on human cadavers.’
- ‘Although the work was deficient in quantity and detail, it emphasized the value of this approach in learning and teaching gross anatomy.’
- ‘This is the story of the lives and experiences of four medical students at table 26 in the cadaver laboratory during a 14-week gross anatomy course.’
- ‘The two case studies of the dissertation focus on frog dissection simulation in middle and high school biology classes and human dissection simulation in medical school gross anatomy classes.’
- ‘You'd think that mice and rats, for example, would be pretty similar, but there are real differences at every level (from gross anatomy to molecular biology.)’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.