Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A circular saw used for cutting grooves.
- ‘You have almost unlimited capability for different drill bits, grooving saws, as well as for routing, shaping and angle-drilling functions.’
- ‘These machines can be equipped with grooving saws, top drilling and hardware insertion.’
- ‘The X-axis grooving saw is powered by a 1.5 kW, frequency controlled motor.’
- ‘The grooving saw is then brought into the position K1 in order to permit the operation of the cutting saw S.’
- ‘Adjustable grooving saw accessories offer the possibility for trenching, grooving and rebates etc.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.