One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverbdated, humorous, informal
- ‘So everything is tootling along groovily, and then the ex-Girl phoned me up last night.’
- ‘Ambitious enough to want to push the envelope (though they'd probably settle for shedding their cardiganed cosiness) and rich enough to see it through, they have enlisted a crew of groovily obscure collaborators to update things.’
- ‘These influences in his life and music are groovily manifested in his live shows and recordings.’
- ‘Sadly, drivers don't have to undergo an annual test and so there may be some groovily roadworthy cars on the road, but driven by complete imbeciles.’
- ‘The plane trip back was cool - had a window seat and watched the sun set behind the most groovily layered and coloured clouds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.