One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Work or study hard.
- ‘It really is encouraging to the guys who have been here grinding away.’
- ‘Keeping up the illusion of grinding away at the same old job isn't enough, however.’
- ‘That is the Third Division, you have to battle and grind away.’
- ‘You just have to keep grinding away and hope that it happens for you.’
- ‘It's more flexible, it's clean, your're scheduled to meet your clients and left alone with them, instead of grinding away to meet quotas and schedules with bosses looking over your shoulder.’
- ‘It's quite depressing for the kind of writers who grind away at it for years sort of honing their craft and then do the book.’
- ‘You use it only when you feel that the other side is simply grinding away to get the last penny off your price.’
- ‘He has continued to grind away at the project to which he dedicated himself more than a decade ago.’
- ‘It's going to take a bunch of us grinding away at it full-time to make this stuff work.’
- ‘Some people think that the only practical way to work is to take a single task and grind away until it is done, and then look around to determine what is the right next piece of work to do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.