One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘It's so exciting to get to meet him,’ she said, smiling from ear to ear as she gripped his hand.’
- ‘‘When we saw her in the pet store, we just knew she was the dog for you,’ my mom continued, smiling from ear to ear.’
- ‘But before he could answer, Chloe appeared at their table, smiling from ear to ear, with Jason at her side.’
- ‘I know Eddie was watching from above that night and I guarantee he was smiling from ear to ear at the respect that was shown to him both from the wrestlers as well as the fans.’
- ‘I was smiling from ear to ear; I hadn't been that happy in - I hadn't been that happy for years.’
- ‘I was smiling from ear to ear as I looked around her room. ‘Sarah?’’
- ‘At the end of the evening, Dick was smiling from ear to ear to see just hooks on the walls where his artworks used to hang because that means they have been sold.’
- ‘‘It's all sorted’ Sky replies, smiling from ear to ear.’
- ‘Despite many scrapes and cuts, he was smiling from ear to ear.’
- ‘Shivering later from the cold, but smiling from ear to ear, he said he felt ‘excellent, very happy’ about the engagement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.