One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A book of magic spells and invocations.
- ‘She then set them down on a piece of white paper next to a bottle and flipped through her grimoire until she found the spell she wanted.’
- ‘Wandered into a bookstore yesterday and found this book by S.L. MacGregor Mathers, supposedly a grimoire he translated from original French and Latin of a manuscript in the Library of Paris in the early nineteen hundreds.’
- ‘She began to look through her grimoire, hoping to find some information on her predicament.’
- ‘Most grimoires were written between the late-medieval period and the 18th century and are associated with ceremonial or ritual magick.’
- ‘For years, I performed rituals from Pagan grimoires and read incantations to Bast, Diana / Artemis, and Hecate.’
Mid 19th century: French, alteration of grammaire ‘grammar’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.