One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Serious physical injury inflicted on a person by the deliberate action of another.
violence, assault, muggingView synonyms
- ‘In 1999 he was jailed for three years and nine months for offences of robbery and grievous bodily harm.’
- ‘The case comes days after a group of MPs called for road deaths and injuries to be treated as manslaughter or grievous bodily harm.’
- ‘The court found him guilty of grievous bodily harm and sentenced him to 18 months imprisonment.’
- ‘The female was charged with three offences of grievous bodily harm to which she had pleaded guilty to one.’
- ‘He was charged later the same day with attempted rape, burglary and grievous bodily harm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.