One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Serious physical injury inflicted on a person by the deliberate action of another.
violence, assault, muggingView synonyms
- ‘The case comes days after a group of MPs called for road deaths and injuries to be treated as manslaughter or grievous bodily harm.’
- ‘The female was charged with three offences of grievous bodily harm to which she had pleaded guilty to one.’
- ‘In 1999 he was jailed for three years and nine months for offences of robbery and grievous bodily harm.’
- ‘He was charged later the same day with attempted rape, burglary and grievous bodily harm.’
- ‘The court found him guilty of grievous bodily harm and sentenced him to 18 months imprisonment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.