One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pancake cooked on a griddle.
- ‘Sour milk is useful in the preparation of various dishes, such as hot breads and griddle cakes.’
- ‘The most noted dish of Brittany, France are the thin griddle cakes called crepes.’
- ‘On his menu you might find scallops with lemon verbena infused oil, brie flavored with burnet, potato and chive griddle cakes and peach cobbler sweetened with stevia.’
- ‘The waiter brought them strawberries and plates of griddle cakes with maple syrup.’
- ‘I use syrup on my biscuits, which makes them almost like a griddle cake.’
- ‘The following morning, after a breakfast of blueberry griddle cakes, I power through three miles on the Horse Slide Trail.’
- ‘Among several breakfast specialties are lemony griddle cake, rum raisin French toast, Belgian waffles, eggs en cocotte, egg bennie and Catskill smoked salmon.’
- ‘Irish potato griddle cakes, made from both baked potato and raw, grated potato, are pan fried until crisp and golden.’
- ‘How do they get those warm golden griddle cakes to maintain the sweet taste of maple syrup?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.