One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat cake, such as a pancake or a johnnycake, that is cooked on a griddle.
- ‘Irish potato griddle cakes, made from both baked potato and raw, grated potato, are pan fried until crisp and golden.’
- ‘The following morning, after a breakfast of blueberry griddle cakes, I power through three miles on the Horse Slide Trail.’
- ‘Sour milk is useful in the preparation of various dishes, such as hot breads and griddle cakes.’
- ‘How do they get those warm golden griddle cakes to maintain the sweet taste of maple syrup?’
- ‘On his menu you might find scallops with lemon verbena infused oil, brie flavored with burnet, potato and chive griddle cakes and peach cobbler sweetened with stevia.’
- ‘I use syrup on my biscuits, which makes them almost like a griddle cake.’
- ‘The waiter brought them strawberries and plates of griddle cakes with maple syrup.’
- ‘Among several breakfast specialties are lemony griddle cake, rum raisin French toast, Belgian waffles, eggs en cocotte, egg bennie and Catskill smoked salmon.’
- ‘The most noted dish of Brittany, France are the thin griddle cakes called crepes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.