One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fixed voltage applied between the cathode and the control grid of a thermionic tube in order to determine the grid's operating conditions.
- ‘The plate power supply, the screen grid power supply, and the control grid bias supply are connected in series.’
- ‘The actual signal that drives the tube is the combination of the grid bias and the audio drive signal.’
- ‘One solution is to provide some negative grid bias to reduce the screen sensitivity.’
- ‘Furthermore, there is a frame containing three rectifiers for the grid biases of different stages.’
- ‘This form of grid bias is suitable only for small a valves having very small signal input voltages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.