One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fixed voltage applied between the cathode and the control grid of a thermionic tube in order to determine the grid's operating conditions.
- ‘Furthermore, there is a frame containing three rectifiers for the grid biases of different stages.’
- ‘The actual signal that drives the tube is the combination of the grid bias and the audio drive signal.’
- ‘One solution is to provide some negative grid bias to reduce the screen sensitivity.’
- ‘This form of grid bias is suitable only for small a valves having very small signal input voltages.’
- ‘The plate power supply, the screen grid power supply, and the control grid bias supply are connected in series.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.