One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sport in which greyhounds race around a circular or oval track in pursuit of a moving dummy hare and spectators bet on the outcome.
- ‘The Irish Coursing Club continued to regulate greyhound racing in Northern Ireland.’
- ‘He was also a keen follower of greyhound racing and enjoyed regular success on the track with his dogs.’
- ‘In its early years it was also used for greyhound racing and speedway racing.’
- ‘The stadium continued to host greyhound racing, horse shows and athletics.’
- ‘Mícheál has also had a life-long interest in greyhound racing and regularly commentated on the sport on both radio and television.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.