One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A decorative card sent to convey good wishes on some occasion.
greetings card, postcard, christmas card, birthday card, good luck card, get well card, sympathy cardView synonyms
- ‘The business which bears her name stocks and sells a range of hand-made greetings cards, hand-made glassware and scented hand-made candles and jewellery.’
- ‘Each Christmas instead of sending out greetings cards to all its clients, it donates the funds to local good causes.’
- ‘Statistics, for instance, tell American Greetings that women between the ages of 35 and 55 purchase 92% of all greetings cards.’
- ‘As the festive season approaches, the number of people sending electronic greetings cards will also rise rapidly.’
- ‘The post office also sells a small selection of groceries as well as stationery and greetings cards.’
greeting card/ˈɡrēdiNG ˌkärd/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.