One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strip of undeveloped land near an urban area, set aside for recreational use or environmental protection.
- ‘A well-used network of paths and greenways, many right along the shoreline, continues to expand, and 486 restaurants within city limits feed the oft repeated rumor that only San Francisco can claim more per capita.’
- ‘You will occasionally be asked to patrol a portion of the greenway to report any damage such as fallen trees.’
- ‘If the whole network is connected, there will be off-road trails and greenways from coast to coast.’
- ‘The park provides a 14.5-mile paved greenway covered by a dense canopy of trees, perfect for avid walkers or bikers.’
- ‘The greenway will link urban and rural lands along I - 90 from Seattle up and over the Cascade Mountains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.