Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A strip of undeveloped land near an urban area, set aside for recreational use or environmental protection.
- ‘The greenway will link urban and rural lands along I - 90 from Seattle up and over the Cascade Mountains.’
- ‘If the whole network is connected, there will be off-road trails and greenways from coast to coast.’
- ‘You will occasionally be asked to patrol a portion of the greenway to report any damage such as fallen trees.’
- ‘The park provides a 14.5-mile paved greenway covered by a dense canopy of trees, perfect for avid walkers or bikers.’
- ‘A well-used network of paths and greenways, many right along the shoreline, continues to expand, and 486 restaurants within city limits feed the oft repeated rumor that only San Francisco can claim more per capita.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.