Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Whether your backyard is a postage stamp balcony in a city high-rise or a rolling spread of suburban greensward, you can enjoy the fun, fashion and creativity of a container flower garden.’
- ‘While some may chose to spend that season lazing beside rivers and quaffing champagne, the more discerning amongst us elect for the greensward and the thrill of clattering wickets.’
- ‘A lovely vale of greensward called Princes Street Gardens separates the two towns, and several bridges span the shallow valley.’
- ‘Each of Ponce de Leon's parks is distinct in its landscaping; the parks range from relatively open greenswards to nearly impenetrable woods.’
- ‘Down below, the hotel grounds feature a pair of tennis courts and some of the loveliest greenswards and gardens in the country.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.