A fracture of the bone, occurring typically in children, in which one side of the bone is broken and the other only bent.
- ‘Improper manipulation during the reduction of a greenstick fracture can cause decreased rotation.’
- ‘For example, never dismiss a greenstick fracture as a simple fracture - inspect the x ray for tiny shards of bone.’
- ‘I'm surprised that a greenstick fracture in a child this age was not immediately reported to the authorities.’
- ‘Young bone, subjected to bending stress, often fractures on one side but bends on the other, and is known as a greenstick fracture.’
- ‘Of these, greenstick fractures are the most frequent and are usually asymptomatic.’