One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is perhaps no more appropriate time to review the history of greenkeeping over the last century than at the start of the next.’
- ‘From the age of 18 until he turned 20 and returned to Dornoch as the resident pro, Ross hung on every word that ever came out of Tom's mouth, devouring his thoughts on greenkeeping and clubmaking and the construction of a proper golf course.’
- ‘Eddie Adams, now the greenkeeping consultant to the European Tour and formerly the man in charge at St Andrews, is one who eschews as much as possible the use of sprinklers.’
- ‘All the leaders were quick to praise the efforts of the greenkeeping staff, at least 10 of whom had worked through the night without any sleep to get the course playable.’
- ‘A greenkeeping qualification from a college would be an advantage but Nigel said that training would be given.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.