One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to look after a golf course.
- ‘The greenkeeper and his staff do not have the equipment to water the course properly and, as a result, the greens have suffered terribly.’
- ‘When Jack first started with the club as an assistant greenkeeper the club was still operating out of a wooden clubhouse on the current car park site and there were only nine holes.’
- ‘The greenkeeper told us that the fairways are rolling just as fast as the greens.’
- ‘In 1976, Ray was given the opportunity to transfer to Morro Bay Golf Course, and he began a career as a greenskeeper.’
- ‘Morris, 63, who underwent heart surgery in 2002, works part-time for Barlaston golf club in Staffordshire as an assistant greenkeeper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.