One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large sandpiper with long greenish legs and gray plumage, breeding in northern Eurasia and North America.
Genus Tringa, family Scolopacidae: two species, in particular T. nebularia
- ‘In summer, the breeding season, greenshanks are brown, and in winter their plumage turns gray and gray-brown.’
- ‘The greenshank breeds in Scotland, Norway, Sweden and Finland.’
- ‘Spotted redshank share their forest-marsh nesting grounds with wood sandpipers, greenshank, whimbrel, jack snipe and broad-billed sandpipers.’
- ‘View the pools and lagoons to see migrant waders like greenshanks and spotted redshanks.’
- ‘An even bigger threat from the proposed wind farm is potential damage to the peatland breeding habitat of wading birds like greenshank, dunlin, and golden plover.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.