One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large sandpiper with long greenish legs and gray plumage, breeding in northern Eurasia and North America.
- ‘An even bigger threat from the proposed wind farm is potential damage to the peatland breeding habitat of wading birds like greenshank, dunlin, and golden plover.’
- ‘View the pools and lagoons to see migrant waders like greenshanks and spotted redshanks.’
- ‘In summer, the breeding season, greenshanks are brown, and in winter their plumage turns gray and gray-brown.’
- ‘Spotted redshank share their forest-marsh nesting grounds with wood sandpipers, greenshank, whimbrel, jack snipe and broad-billed sandpipers.’
- ‘The greenshank breeds in Scotland, Norway, Sweden and Finland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.