One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for bowhead
- ‘Bowhead whales used to be referred to as Greenland whales and sometimes even Greenland right whales.’
- ‘As opposed to other species of baleen whale, the Greenland right whale lives in the Arctic its whole life.’
- ‘As many as 20 people lived in these tiny houses, hunting Greenland whales and using their vertebrae to build the houses.’
- ‘In 2006, researchers from the the Norwegian Polar Institute and the University of Oslo searched for Greenland whales in the area between Greenland and Svalbard, and they counted only 20.’
- ‘Bowheads, also known as Greenland right whales, are baleen whales, meaning that instead of teeth they have bonelike plates that they use to strain food from gulps of water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.