One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for greenskeeper
- ‘Mark Mennell, 41, joined Fulford Golf Club's greens staff straight from leaving school and since then has worked his way up to become head greenkeeper, which he was appointed ten years ago.’
- ‘This idea has been duplicated at the Bel-Air Country Club in Los Angeles where Brian T. Sullivan is the certified golf course superintendent and master greenkeeper.’
- ‘He can also take much credit for the condition and maturity of the course as he spent 14 years in the dual role of professional and greenkeeper from 1971 when the old groundsman left.’
- ‘Their father, John, served as greenskeeper at a number of Scottish courses, including the famed course at Carnoustie, and all five of his surviving sons became American golf professionals.’
- ‘Haller was essentially a handyman and greenkeeper, but he was also the closest thing to a pro.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.