One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who campaigns for protection of the environment.
- ‘First and foremost, it is important to understand that environmentalism is bigger business than greenies would like to admit.’
- ‘‘FIFTY ways to be a real greenie,’ said an article in my daughter's magazine, and it gave 50 simple changes she could make to her lifestyle which would help to save Mother Earth.’
- ‘Chris has little time for those whingeing greenies who want everyone to go organic.’
- ‘The company claims the greenies have harmed the company by disrupting logging and woodchipping operations and also by vilifying the company to its customers and shareholders.’
- ‘Whether the greenies like it or not, nuclear power remains the only universally available mature technology capable of delivering large amounts of baseload power without emitting any greenhouse gases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.