One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who campaigns for protection of the environment.
- ‘Whether the greenies like it or not, nuclear power remains the only universally available mature technology capable of delivering large amounts of baseload power without emitting any greenhouse gases.’
- ‘First and foremost, it is important to understand that environmentalism is bigger business than greenies would like to admit.’
- ‘‘FIFTY ways to be a real greenie,’ said an article in my daughter's magazine, and it gave 50 simple changes she could make to her lifestyle which would help to save Mother Earth.’
- ‘The company claims the greenies have harmed the company by disrupting logging and woodchipping operations and also by vilifying the company to its customers and shareholders.’
- ‘Chris has little time for those whingeing greenies who want everyone to go organic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.