Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A glass building in which plants are grown that need protection from cold weather.
hothouse, glasshouse, conservatoryView synonyms
- ‘The disease mainly afflicts plants in commercial greenhouses.’
- ‘Ask your city or county building department if you need a permit to erect a greenhouse.’
- ‘The greenhouse was constantly ventilated during daytime to maintain the inside temperature similar to that of the outside.’
- ‘Mangoes and nectarines were grown in the heated greenhouses.’
- ‘Plants were grown in a greenhouse under natural light.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.