One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A glass building in which plants are grown that need protection from cold weather.
hothouse, conservatoryView synonyms
- ‘Plants were grown in a greenhouse under natural light.’
- ‘The greenhouse was constantly ventilated during daytime to maintain the inside temperature similar to that of the outside.’
- ‘The disease mainly afflicts plants in commercial greenhouses.’
- ‘Ask your city or county building department if you need a permit to erect a greenhouse.’
- ‘Mangoes and nectarines were grown in the heated greenhouses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.