Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A retailer of fruit and vegetables.
- ‘I'm amazed at how little it has changed. There is still a deli at No 31 and a greengrocer's next door.’
- ‘I also go to the farmer's market that's started nearby, but then the greengrocer pointed out to me that it's damaging his business.’
- ‘East Greenwich is desperately in need of a proper greengrocers within a few minutes walk.’
- ‘I just hope that supermarkets do not put all butchers and greengrocers out of business, as I personally hate supermarkets.’
- ‘The local butchers and greengrocers look great, but I never once saw the word ‘organic’ on anything.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.