One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A green aphid which is a common pest of crops and garden plants.
Several species in the family Aphididae
- ‘Fortunately ladybirds love to eat greenfly and they can help the gardener to control them without having to use chemical sprays which can also kill helpful insects.’
- ‘Natural enemies of greenflies are ladybird larvae, hoverfly larvae, gall-fly larvae, lacewings and earwigs.’
- ‘For safe and effective control of greenfly a range of products can be used.’
- ‘Ladybirds are well known predators of greenflies and other aphids.’
- ‘Wipe greenfly off plants with your fingers or spray plants with soft soap or a pesticide containing pirimicarb.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.