One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A green aphid which is a common pest of crops and garden plants.
- ‘For safe and effective control of greenfly a range of products can be used.’
- ‘Natural enemies of greenflies are ladybird larvae, hoverfly larvae, gall-fly larvae, lacewings and earwigs.’
- ‘Ladybirds are well known predators of greenflies and other aphids.’
- ‘Wipe greenfly off plants with your fingers or spray plants with soft soap or a pesticide containing pirimicarb.’
- ‘Fortunately ladybirds love to eat greenfly and they can help the gardener to control them without having to use chemical sprays which can also kill helpful insects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.