One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Natural talent for growing plants.‘you don't need a green thumb to grow them’British term green fingers
- ‘‘My wife and I don't have green thumbs,’ John confesses, ‘so the garden is perfect for us.’’
- ‘If you have a green thumb and a bit of spare time maybe you should think about putting on the gardening gloves and becoming involved in the community gardens.’
- ‘For those of you without a green thumb, I have the perfect spring tonic - wildflower walks.’
- ‘If you have a green thumb, why not provide lawn care for some of your neighbors?’
- ‘Container gardening makes it possible to have a garden where plants wouldn't otherwise take root and gives those of us without a ‘real ‘garden a chance to flex our green thumbs!’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.