One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Natural talent for growing plants.‘you don't need a green thumb to grow them’British term green fingers
- ‘Container gardening makes it possible to have a garden where plants wouldn't otherwise take root and gives those of us without a ‘real ‘garden a chance to flex our green thumbs!’’
- ‘For those of you without a green thumb, I have the perfect spring tonic - wildflower walks.’
- ‘‘My wife and I don't have green thumbs,’ John confesses, ‘so the garden is perfect for us.’’
- ‘If you have a green thumb, why not provide lawn care for some of your neighbors?’
- ‘If you have a green thumb and a bit of spare time maybe you should think about putting on the gardening gloves and becoming involved in the community gardens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.