One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The northern lapwing.See lapwing
- ‘The weather cleared as we strolled the paths and lanes to Rufford, seeing hares running away over the fields and rather fewer green plovers than we might have expected.’
- ‘There were, however, large flocks of golden and green plover and curlew covering the fields.’
- ‘As we went along we saw heron and green plovers, and later heard and saw snipe.’
- ‘We saw hundreds of green plovers at the reserve the other day.’
- ‘The stars were shining far away in the dark sky, and the green plovers were crying mournfully on the dark moor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.