One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The northern lapwing.See lapwing
- ‘The weather cleared as we strolled the paths and lanes to Rufford, seeing hares running away over the fields and rather fewer green plovers than we might have expected.’
- ‘We saw hundreds of green plovers at the reserve the other day.’
- ‘There were, however, large flocks of golden and green plover and curlew covering the fields.’
- ‘The stars were shining far away in the dark sky, and the green plovers were crying mournfully on the dark moor.’
- ‘As we went along we saw heron and green plovers, and later heard and saw snipe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.