One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The unripe fruit of a sweet pepper, which is mild in flavor and widely used in cooking.
- ‘Add the green pepper and mushrooms and cook until the vegetables are soft.’
- ‘Vitamin C is present in fresh, uncooked fruits and vegetables, especially citrus fruits and red and green peppers.’
- ‘Carrots, kale, and spinach are the main suppliers of beta carotene, while vitamin C is found in citrus fruits and juices, green peppers, broccoli, and potatoes.’
- ‘While steaming the rice, sauté some garlic, onions and green peppers in a teaspoon of olive oil for five minutes.’
- ‘The dish included a good range of crunchy vegetables - broccoli, green peppers, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, cashew nuts and onion among them.’
- 1.1 The plant that yields the green pepper.See capsicum
- ‘In the school's garden are giant tufts of spinach, green peppers and cabbages planted according to eco-friendly and sustainable permaculture principles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.